- 2 PPs per player per session.
- 1 PP reward for attempting dangerous actions when cinematically appropriate. (Awarded after action attempt regardless of success/failure.)
- 1 PP for those things done in session that really make the story awesome. (Not based on a dice result.)
1 - PP Cost:
- Re-Roll (AKA New result, is the result)
- Add +3 to next action <not damage> (AKA Increase chance of success)
- Manipulate NPC result by a step (AKA Crit-Success -> Success (MoS: 0) -> Failure (MoS: -1) -> Crit-Failure)
- Avoid a injury (AKA Flesh Wounds)
- Buy a clue (AKA Success for an information based IQ-test)
- Excuse an implausible element from a cinematic action; one "implausibility" per PP. (Not allowed in all campaigns.)
2 - PP Cost:
- Manipulate PC result by a step (AKA Crit-Failure -> Failure (MoS: -1) -> Success (MoS: 0) -> Crit-Success)
- Exchange for 1 CP
- Fix a bad roll (AKA Buying Success, Re-Roll)
- Avoid a consequence (AKA Flesh Wounds)
- Change the narrative (AKA Player Guidance)
- Excuse a cinematic action; one "implausible element" per PP. (Not allowed in all campaigns.)
Aspected Plot Points must be "justified" according to some condition in order to be used; see Higher Purpose (B59).
- Karma (Renegade/Paragon).
- Special Purpose: includes Planning Points, Tactics Points, potentially others.
Luck usage may be "cashed in" for a PP instead of the usual three rolls. Such use would be considered "luck-aspected."
Gigermann's "Iron-Man" Rules
- Only "Aspected" Plot Point types are available
- Only "Change the Narrative" usage is allowed
- A Luck use may still be "cashed in" for a "Change the Narrative" use