(Redirected from Beowulf)
Graceful Dame of Kingston, master John Hayden
- Cargo: 3600cf (102.8dT)
- Weapons: 4× (max: 8) 2pdr cannons (added 4× 4pdr cannons, 22 Jan 1725)
- Length Overall (LOA): 54'
- Length of Keel: 37' 0"
- Breadth: 15' 6"
- Depth in Hold: 7' 0"
- Draught Aft: 6' 6"
- Burthen: 47 26⁄94 tons (~63 tons deadweight)
From the GURPS forums
- Subassemblies: Body with Average lines +6, one 74' Main Mast +2, one 41’ Mizzenmast +0.
- Powertrain: 1,895 sf of Barquentine-Rigged Cloth Sails.
- Occupancy: 12 bunks. Minimum crew is 1 driver + 2 sailors.
- Cargo: 3,600 cf
- Armor: 3/5W overall
- Weaponry: 6x 2-pdr cannons (Falcons) [Body:L,R] (100 shots each).
- Body: Navigation instruments, 12 bunks, 360 man-days provisions. On Deck: Primitive controls, one cockboat.
- Size: 53'x7'x74' Payload: 40.3 tons Lwt.: 72 tons
- Volume: 6,500 cf. Maint.: 104 hours Price: $37,172
- HT: 9. HPs: 3135 Body, 142 Mainmast, 43 Mizzenmast.
- wSpeed: 14.4 wAccel: 0.5 wDecel: 0.5 wMR: 0.05 wSR: 3
- Draft: 7'. Flotation Rating: 169 tons.
- Design Notes:
- Structure is Medium, with Standard materials. Waterproofed. Armor is DR 5 Standard Wood. The volume of the armor is figured into the design, as per the rules on p. VEii5. The ship’s volume was taken as 100 cf per displacement ton. The main mast height was given in the historical information, the mizzenmast height was determined from a photo of the ship. Design sail area was 2,975 sf; the real-world value is shown. Design draft was 4.2’; the real-world value is shown. Although the actual ship was built during TL7, the designers actually used TL4 techniques, and this design uses TL4 figures for cost and weight.
|Graceful Dame (47 ton ketch)||131?||-2/3||Full||45°||12c||.25/5||72.0T||40.3T||+6||12+18||3||∞||£290||2M|
- Played by HBC Nonsuch